Friday 30 October 2009

Organic Beauty Salons on the Up!!

You may wonder why I am blogging about an organic beauty salon that’s just opened in Newmarket USA when it’s a million miles from my home in London UK. The reason is because its one of a growing trend of salons that are deciding to go green.

The beauty industry professionals are the ones who are at the delivering end of beauty to people on an everyday basis. They’re the ones, who pluck and wax and tong and curl and straighten. For so many years now, they have been limited by the performance of regular products being superior over organic products which were unsophisticated and not performance orientated. Or maybe its just been ignorance about health and concern for glamour that has put organic on the back shelves until now. Now we see a change beginning to happen, the market is being flooded by organic and natural beauty products that are glamorous, science based and have superiority over their predecessors by far, and hence the slow infiltration into salons is beginning.

I for one am desperate for a facial. Not because my skins terrible but because I love being pampered, and it is really good for your skin and complexion to have the attention. But I feel so guilty. Every salon I go to has products that I would never use at home. Actually more than guilt it’s a feeling of it being not good enough. Having said that I wouldn’t want to pay £100 pounds for a facial. I tried that with a natural beauty salon not so long ago and although I loved the facial, lets get real, I’m a mum, with growing kids and bills to pay, supported by my ever forgiving husband who tolerates my need for green and lack of cash!

This beauty salon in Newmarket, Organic Bonita is led by ever inspiring people -Tammy Pierce to be precise, who realises that natural and organic beauty products are more healthy, she wants the looks, and the performance but she wants to be healthy and green.

The entire well-being approach to life doesn't have to end with going to the grocery store and buying organic food” said Pierce. “That approach can be applied to everything that goes into your hair and onto your skin.”

My goal is to get the word out there that organic products are so good for you and yet so cost-effective and, in this time of our economy, we all want something that's good for us, long-lasting and most importantly cost-effective.”

It's not all about making money” said Pierce. “It's a business and I have to make a living and I'm happy with that and I want to be successful, but I also want to be a part of the community by giving something back.

Now why can’t I find more salons and beauty therapists like that in North West London? The woman is an inspiration. I’m sure that my wait won’t last very long and bit by bit more salons are going to catch on. What do I love about this Newmarket salon – they don’t see healthy as an excuse to rip people off!!

No comments: