Tuesday 5 February 2013

Easier Breastfeeding with Organic Pregnancy Pillows

Organic mothers will know that breast feeding is one of the most lovely ways to bond with baby, yet it is not always as simple as you think. It's important that baby's latched on right, so that you don't get sore, and also that baby is at the right angle so that they can feed properly. Your back also needs support so that it is a comfortable experience for both of you.

The worst nightmare for me when my first baby was born, was expressing milk, I was advised to start expressing too soon and found that it messed up my flow of milk so that when I let down it sprayed out in massive fountains across the room!!  Suffice to say the flow was too fast for my little one and she often ended up crying. So take some advise from me, don't start expressing too soon. Let things happen naturally and express later!

So besides from a really supportive bra, and nipple cream after baby was born,  I really benefitted from an Organic pregnancy body pillow both before and after pregnancy. It's also known as a spelt snake pillow or a sausage pillow. Its just a long sausage shaped pillow made of 100% organic cotton and filled with 100% organic spelt grains. The cotton is healthy because its organic, un-dyed and unbleached, and the spelt is soothing, and very remedial for health. It is so versatile, and can be wrapped round your back or through your legs when you sleep at night and are trying to support a heavy bump and afterwards is fantastic for supporting baby as you breastfeed. The pillow just wraps under you and you can prop baby on top.

Now the baby days have gone we just use it as a bolster in bed, or for tired aching legs but its been with us for years and is truly an investment! I'm sure its going to be passed onto my kids when were older.. its just one of those things!

As one of my buyOrganics customers said yesterday about hers...."The snake pillow is great, during pregnancy and after!

In stock now for immediate delivery at www.buyorganics.co.uk




No comments: